The hands-on instruction received by attendees is at the core of the Yamaha Sounds of Summer curriculum. The students will rehearse and perform exercises and etudes contained in the Sounds of Summer Marching Essentials Book.
- Campers receive complete marching percussion training
- For all levels (grades 7-12)
- Sectional and ensemble performing techniques are incorporated
- Special clinic presentations available at certain camps
What Will Campers Receive?
When attending the Yamaha Sounds of Summer camp, each camper will have access to the Yamaha featured clinician.
When you register and pay for the Yamaha Sounds of Summer camp, you will get the following items included with the cost. The camp is designed to offer the finest instruction to as many students as possible while offering dealers a unique sales opportunity unavailable anywhere else.
- Sounds of Summer T-Shirt
- Sounds of Summer Marching Essentials Book – The book is written to help establish a solid foundation on which to build your technical and musical skills. It is the collaborative effort from many of Yamaha’s finest marching specialists and contains exercises and compositions to improve both individual skills and ensemble awareness. It is an excellent addition to your percussion library for year-round study at home.
- Sounds of Summer Certificate – Upon the completion of the camp, each camper will receive this certificate to take home and frame.
- Sounds of Summer Lanyard and Name Badge – No stick on name badges here. Each camper will receive a Yamaha lanyard and laminated name badge.
- Yamaha Rudiment Poster – This poster is one of the most sought-after rudiment posters around. Developed by Jim Campbell from his days with the Cavaliers and now with the University of Kentucky, the Yamaha Rudiment poster has all forty PAS International Drum Rudiments as well as a Circle of Fifths chart, timpani ranges, forty 21st century hybrid rudiments and various translations of percussion terms into three languages (French, German and Italian).
According to John Wittmann, Yamaha Manager of Education, “The summer music camps were developed to help promote school music programs. Our clinicians work side by side with local educators to improve teaching skills. In turn, the students develop greater confidence and playing skills. Overall, the camps promote the thrill and enthusiasm that can be derived from music.”
$60 per person, $50 early bird special
$100 per person, $90 early bird special
All campers must register by Friday, June 6. Everyone that registers by Friday, May 30 will receive the early bird special price.
All participants, except for keyboardists, will need to provide their own instrument for the camp. Please contact us if you are unable to provide your own instrument.